Difference between revisions of "Labs and Equipment"
|Line 65:||Line 65:|
Revision as of 17:52, 6 October 2014
We hang out in the EEE Department's 5th floor labs (Room 506).
You can store your project in a box in the lab. Just follow these 3 easy steps.
- Ask a committee member for a box. We’ll work out what size box you need
- Fill in your name, email and the date on the sticker and stick it to the front of your box.
- Whenever you leave the lab, simply put your project in your box and put your box on the shelf.
Disclaimer: ICRS reserve the right to remove abandoned projects at the end of the year. By storing your project here, you are agreeing to your project being removed if left unattended. Failure to put projects away properly could result in your components ending up in the scrap box.
By default , access to 506 is limited to 3rd/4th year EEE students. However, if you are an active member and wish to have access to , you should fill in the following form here
Disclaimer: Failure to follow these guidelines will result in removal of privilege to use the laser cutter
- Inductions are every Wednesday at 6pm. (term time)
- Please read the introductory material on the ICRS Wiki before attending.
- Use of the laser cutter is prohibited to all that have not undertaken the induction.
||In case of fire
Use and procedures
Every time you use it
- Empty the water trap at the back into a bin.
- Check that there is not excessive build up of detritus underneath the cutting bed.
- Measure the thickness of the material. DO NOT CUT BENT MATERIAL – This will cause crashes
- Enter the thickness into the software. Double check it is correct.
- Check that your material is on the safe to cut list. If it is not, you may NOT cut it. To get it added check the internet for safety information then report to the lab manager.
- Ensure that the ventilation unit is on during the cut, and off when not in use.
This is a list of our tools. If you wish to suggest additional tools to be provided by ICRS, contact the lab manager here.