Courses/Robotics 101/I Can Feel
In this session you will be learning how to use simple sensors and will be tasked with building and programming a robot that can avoid walls.
If in doubt or unfamiliar with anything, approach our eager and friendly instructors! They'll love to help you understand!
Have your robot reverse and change direction after hitting obstacles. Watch below the 2013 Term 1 session, taught by Thomas Clayson:
Preparation for this lesson:
- Have a completed and functional robot.
- Understand C++ syntax and how to program the mbed.
By the end of this lesson:
- Installed touch sensors on your robot.
- Learnt how to use basic sensors and use data to create decisions.
These are written tutorials that we highly recommend you check out before the session.
- Mbed Using Sensors - Explains how to use sensors with the mbed microcontroller
The following is a list of video tutorials that will help explain some of the new concepts you will face in the robotics course.
We recommend that if you have time, you should look through these materials to gain further understanding before the hands-on session.
- Light Dependent Resistor - Wikipedia - Thorough documentation on light dependent resistors.
- Photoresistor - SocietyofRobots.com - Scroll down on this site to find out how to wire a photoresistor for a microcontroller
The following is a list of instructors involved in the robotics course. Please feel free to contact them if you have any questions.